Friday, March 07, 2008

Beakonsfield

This is about as close as I've been to a parrot in a few weeks.

I did, however, see two particularly cute rainbow lorikeets canoodling in a date palm, next to Novak's pub, in Northbridge, this morning. They were very chipper, having been deloused by a generous storm cloud.

Several passers by stopped to spy the colourful couple. So parrot appreciation could be on the up in Perth. Let's hope so.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. The matter in hand is a mic in a mic stand and Definition of Sound as the main brand.

No, hang on, back to the real matter at hand. The pic' above.

Yes, for the past few weeks a veritable cornucopia of parrots on South Street, Beaconsfield, has been stopping off at Chez Un tournesol for breakfast.

I took this snap Monday morning, and the silly things flew up onto a power line when I got too close.

They are wild, after all.

Wild, but mild.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terracotta homes, backyard barbeque and eucalyptus smell
Its fine on the clothes line
Its fast food and slow life and red roof
My silence, comic interruptions

 
At Thursday, March 13, 2008, Blogger Mary said...

I just love seeing all of your parrot sightings. I'm thinking a trip to Australia might have to some sooner than later...

Absolutely gorgeous. Do you take your camera with you everywhere?

Thanks for sharing :)

 
At Friday, March 14, 2008, Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Yeah, the camera goes everywhere with me, but unfortunately not the zoom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home