Thursday, August 24, 2006

Gang Gang gooly gooly gooly gooly. Watch 'im ...

Here's the world's most gentle parrot, Canberra's own Gang Gang Cockatoo.

No raucous screeching with this little fella, just a lilting creak that sounds like a cork being drawn from a wine bottle (not my description - from some book called Wild About Canberra).

We only got to see the likes of him down at our home, near Lake Burley Griffin, in the winter time when it was too cold for him in the Brindabella Mountains. Come summer time, he'd migrate back to altitude to escape the heat.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

guland gulang gulang gang gajang graable faable definitaable

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006, Blogger Faira said...

How beautiful he is. I have never seen a bird like him. Exotic birds are sold here in the US but I have never see his like in the pet stores.

I don't own any birds myself but I do like taking pictures of our garden variety wild ones here in Oregon, but they don't come close to the varieties that you have. Thank you for sharing! Faira

 
At Sunday, November 05, 2006, Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Thanks for the comment Faira. You're actually the first person I don't know personally who's commented on my bird blog. I know how thrilling this must be for you to find out:-)

Like you, I don't own any birds, preferring to skew their natural habits by putting seed out for them.

(Not that I'm averse to giving someone's pet budgie a scratch under the chin.)

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - nice blog. I found you by Googling "gang-gang creak"! We had a pair of gang-gangs creaking away in the pine tree outside our office window today (in Kandos, central western NSW). The female seemed to be doing most of the talking! I just love these birds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home